current motivational quote

"Yesterday you said tomorrow." —Nike

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

not so into it at the moment...

I know I've been doing pretty bad these past few days, week.. etc. I feel like my heart's just not super totally into it at the moment. I have something else on my mind right now... and so I guess maybe that's why. Anyway, I know I have to get back into it, especially with my training because the Nike+ HumanRace10K is almost here. I can't believe August is already half over. Wow.. time sure flies huh? The girls start school next week, so summer's coming to an end I guess. Oh, we're going camping this weekend to put a nice outdoorsy end to it all, I guess. I can't wait, it should be a lot of fun.

Going on three or four years now, Mark and I along w/ the girls have always gone to this campsite near Yosemite Park. It's called Lake Tulloch. Every summer we've been there, it's been in August and the temperature is scorching hot! I haven't checked the weather for that area lately but I wouldn't be surprised if it's in the 100's this weekend when we are there. Anyway, should be a lot of fun... I absolutely love it. What's my favorite part of camping? I have to say, apart from sleeping in tents. roasting s'mores and not showering, it's got to be the food! We've got this system down where we don't pack any food and just buy it from the local supermarket in the next town over on the way to the campsite. We typically grab some hot dogs, burgers, chicken drumsticks/wings along with any necessary utensils/condiments and go from there. Once we get to the site and have everything set up, Mark would light up the grill and start grilling all the yummy food we picked up. It's great, just super fabulous... my favorite part of it all! You cannot have a bad grillin' feast, I swear.. especially when you're camping. :)

Alright, enough said for now. Here's what I've eaten/plan to eat today:

BREAKFAST:
- Kraft EasyMac -- pretty nasty for breakfast, I know.. was running late this morning (220 cal)

AM SNACK:
- 2 plum wafer cookies i made last night (70 cal)

LUNCH:
- small green salad w/ balsamic vinaigrette and small piece of bread (300 cal)

PM SNACK:
- fruit TBD (100 cal)
- 1 plum wafer cookie (35 cal)

DINNER:
- hot dog w/ salad, a few french fries & half an oatmeal cookie (400 cal)

EVENING SNACK:
- 1 cup fat-free milk (90 cal) -- ew, i cannot stand safeway milk.. gotta go back to whole foods for theirs.

TOTAL CALORIES: 1025

Update later :)

-----------------

Not too bad right? More tomorrow. :)

No comments:

goals

  • Cardio (running, elliptical or rowing machine), at least 3x a week
  • Eat more healthy (plan more meals)
  • Complete one full round of P90X :)
  • Get down to 95lbs? okay, 100lbs first then!
  • Runners' legs (still striving for 'em sexy calves/legs!)
  • Flat tummy (still working on it)
  • Run my first half marathon??!! -- nike women's marathon (oct 2010)
  • Run/complete SF marathon's progressive marathon/5K in july (i can't do the half or full marathon, my leg's still not 100%)
  • Run nike+ humanrace10k 8.31.08



  • race results

    07/26/09: 3.1 miles -- SFM 5k 29:21 :)
    11/23/08: 4 miles -- great highway 37:48 :)
    11/16/08: 3.1 miles -- polo fields 5k 29:35 :)
    09/21/08: 4.5 miles -- lake merced race 46:56 :)
    09/14/08: 4 miles -- stern grove 4mile 43:20

    08/31/08: 6.2 miles -- nike+ 10k race! 67:38 :)
    08/10/08: 3.1 miles -- my first 5k! 33:20 :)

    BEST MILE:
    7:30 (03/08/10 -- street)
    7:58 (11/20/09 -- 1 mi race)
    8:37 (11/16/08 -- race)
    8:50 (10/5/08 -- track)