current motivational quote

"Yesterday you said tomorrow." —Nike

Friday, August 8, 2008

4 lbs down... 10 more to go! :) day 5

Hey, guess what?!! I lost 4 lbs this week. OMG, right? This whole new plan is so far, so good. It's working! Now, the trick is to get through the weekend without screwing up. I know last night I went over my calorie count. But I felt I did it intentionally, not by mistake. I mean, what I meant was that I knew I wanted to go over. I had just ran 4.5 miles and was seriously starving afterwards. Honestly, I felt like I could eat a whole cow (well, not literally.. and not seriously :P), but you know what I mean. Anyway, after I got back from running, I had some dinner. I was very conscious of how many calories my dinner meal should be. Mum, Mark and the girls made homemade pizza last night. So being calorie conscious as I have been all week, I only took a small slice of pizza. Of course when I saw the baked drumsticks that Mum did along w/ the pizza on the kitchen counter, I automatically went for one. Took a bit, and then realized, OMG, what am I eating? After a few seconds pause to re-examine what I have just eaten, I checked the calorie count on the drumstick. When I discovered it was under 200 calories, I decided I could have the entire drumstick! Not bad huh? And to make it a decent meal, I added a side salad w/ some cherry tomatoes, cucumbers, and a few carrot sticks. I like to think I did okay.

Anyway, after dinner I decided to bake some cookies. I've been itching to bake all week. Earlier in the week I had made some shortbread cookie dough. I had originally scheduled to bake them tonight, but last night... I just felt the urge to cook/bake/do something in the kitchen. It must have came from that long run I just did. I don't know... I was like one crazy machine who couldn't stop working or something! :P Anyway, baked plenty of cookies last night. By the end of the night, I wasn't sure how many calories I had eaten, whether I had gone over my calorie count or not (since I couldn't get online to check... this blog is my food journal, btw). So I decided I would go ahead and have some cookies. And it was okay to go over my calorie count.

Lalalalala... it's all good. I lost 4 lbs this week, so I'm happy. Let's hope I do good next week. I don't expect to lose another 4 lbs, but at least to maintain or lose 1/2-1 lb! :)

Okay, here's what I've eaten/plan to eat for today:

BREAKFAST:
- 2 Jennie Lean turkey bacon slices (40 cal)
- 1 fried egg (80 cal)
- 8 oz fat-free milk (90 cal)

AM SNACK:
- 1 small banana (95 cal)

LUNCH:
- Eating Right Lemongrass Chicken (230 cal)

PM SNACK:
- 1 medium orange (75 cal)
- 4 oz fat-free milk (45 cal)

DINNER:
- 2 tacos - 4 mini corn tortillas w/ chicken, black beans, guacamole, salsa & cilantro (500 cal) -- ate so much, ahh! i feel fat!!
- 8 oz fat-free milk (90 cal)

TOTAL CALORIES: 1080

Update later. :)


----------------

UPDATE:


1. Eat between 1,100 to 1,250 calories per day -- Okay, only 1,080 calories... well, as long as it's not over 1,250 calories, so this is okay. =P
2. Walk/run 10,000 total steps per day -- NO, 6,574 steps... got way tired.
3. Run at least 10-15 miles a week -- TBD (9.55 miles so far)
4. Drink 2 glasses of milk per day -- NO
5. Eat at least 2 servings of fruit per day -- NO
6. Eat at least 2 servings of veggies per day -- NO
7. Two stretch/pilates sessions a week -- YES! (done)
8. Two strength training sessions a week -- TBD (still 1-1/2 to go)
9. Two abs sessions a week -- TBD (one session so far)

Today's piggy bank deposit: $4 --- oh well, better try tomorrow. :)

TOTAL PIGGY BANK TO DATE: $5

No comments:

goals

  • Cardio (running, elliptical or rowing machine), at least 3x a week
  • Eat more healthy (plan more meals)
  • Complete one full round of P90X :)
  • Get down to 95lbs? okay, 100lbs first then!
  • Runners' legs (still striving for 'em sexy calves/legs!)
  • Flat tummy (still working on it)
  • Run my first half marathon??!! -- nike women's marathon (oct 2010)
  • Run/complete SF marathon's progressive marathon/5K in july (i can't do the half or full marathon, my leg's still not 100%)
  • Run nike+ humanrace10k 8.31.08



  • race results

    07/26/09: 3.1 miles -- SFM 5k 29:21 :)
    11/23/08: 4 miles -- great highway 37:48 :)
    11/16/08: 3.1 miles -- polo fields 5k 29:35 :)
    09/21/08: 4.5 miles -- lake merced race 46:56 :)
    09/14/08: 4 miles -- stern grove 4mile 43:20

    08/31/08: 6.2 miles -- nike+ 10k race! 67:38 :)
    08/10/08: 3.1 miles -- my first 5k! 33:20 :)

    BEST MILE:
    7:30 (03/08/10 -- street)
    7:58 (11/20/09 -- 1 mi race)
    8:37 (11/16/08 -- race)
    8:50 (10/5/08 -- track)