current motivational quote

"Yesterday you said tomorrow." —Nike

Sunday, August 3, 2008

a new start...

Alright, I hate restarting... but really, I want to be serious this time, for real. So here's the deal, starting right now, at this very moment, I want to be good and do good regarding weight loss, diet, exercise, myself... everything else, pretty much the whole shi-bang!

So to make this work, I've decided to write up a mini-contract for myself. For every day that I do not walk pass 10,000 steps or eat more than 1250 calories, I must pay myself $1.

"YOU CAN SO DO THIS" Contract:

I, mzrichee, vow to be true, honest, and give every effort possible to making this weight loss, getting back into shape, eating healthier possible. If I do not meet any daily/weekly goals by the time I hit the sack every night I must deposit $1 per goal into the piggy bank.

These goals are:
1. Eat between 1,100 to 1,250 calories per day
2. Walk/run 10,000 total steps per day
3. Run at least 10-15 miles a week
4. Drink 2 glasses of milk per day
5. Eat at least 2 servings of fruit per day
6. Eat at least 2 servings of veggies per day
7. Two stretch/pilates sessions a week
8. Two strength training sessions a week
9. Two abs sessions a week

So if you think about it, if I was to really slack off and not do anything, I could end up having to deposit $5 a day on most days, and $9 on Sunday if I really did not do much on that day.

I honestly think this is a doable, reasonable contract. I know I can do this. I just have to "JUST DO IT!"

I am so excited to start this new thing I've got for myself. I know I can really do this. I want to do this. I have to do this. I must do this!!!! I talked Mark into running the Nike+ HumanRace10K with me at the end of this month in Los Angeles, so I really need to stick with this and do well. I want to make sure that by the end of the month, I am so ready to tackle this 10K. I've never ran more than 4 or 5 miles at a time, so I really want to do well, be ready for this 6.2 miles.

Oh, today's the SF Marathon in San Francisco. I'm just so excited for all those runners out there today. Yesterday I drove pass the Embarcadero and saw all those people down at the Marathon Expo. So many runners picking up their packet, numbers, shirts, etc. It's just super exciting. I can't wait for that to be me next year. I really want to tackle a half-marathon. And eventually, one of these days, tackle a full marathon. I know it's quite the distance, but I just know I can so do it. Really, all you have to do is set your mind to it and anything, seriously, anything is possible if it's within your control. I believe I can do it. If any of those runners can, I certainly can! :)

Alright, so what have I done/eaten today? First off, I ate horribly this morning! My breakfast was more like lunch or dinner. I had 1/2 cup of white rice with a rotissere chicken wing and drumstick w/ BBQ sauce. I know, terrible! But regarding exercise, so far I've ran almost 2.5 miles (30 minutes total) and burned 198 calories doing it.. which isn't so bad.

Anyway, for the rest of the day I do vow to do good because the whole contract thing starts right now. So... good luck to me and let's hope I do really good!

Oh, when's the end date to all of this? Let's do this for 3 months... so let's say Sunday, November 2, 2008. :)

Best of luck to me!!!

No comments:

goals

  • Cardio (running, elliptical or rowing machine), at least 3x a week
  • Eat more healthy (plan more meals)
  • Complete one full round of P90X :)
  • Get down to 95lbs? okay, 100lbs first then!
  • Runners' legs (still striving for 'em sexy calves/legs!)
  • Flat tummy (still working on it)
  • Run my first half marathon??!! -- nike women's marathon (oct 2010)
  • Run/complete SF marathon's progressive marathon/5K in july (i can't do the half or full marathon, my leg's still not 100%)
  • Run nike+ humanrace10k 8.31.08



  • race results

    07/26/09: 3.1 miles -- SFM 5k 29:21 :)
    11/23/08: 4 miles -- great highway 37:48 :)
    11/16/08: 3.1 miles -- polo fields 5k 29:35 :)
    09/21/08: 4.5 miles -- lake merced race 46:56 :)
    09/14/08: 4 miles -- stern grove 4mile 43:20

    08/31/08: 6.2 miles -- nike+ 10k race! 67:38 :)
    08/10/08: 3.1 miles -- my first 5k! 33:20 :)

    BEST MILE:
    7:30 (03/08/10 -- street)
    7:58 (11/20/09 -- 1 mi race)
    8:37 (11/16/08 -- race)
    8:50 (10/5/08 -- track)