current motivational quote

"Yesterday you said tomorrow." —Nike

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

day 3 of 30

So like I said yesterday, I went for a run/jog during Laura's soccer practice. Jogged for about 32 minutes or so.. about 3 miles. Not too bad. One thing I did noticed about me is that I'm still not quite there yet. It's like for some reason my heart's not super fit yet. I feel like I'm still struggling a bit. Maybe it could be that I'm trying to improve on my pace or something... but I can definitely feel the push every time I try to go faster. I don't know... just need more practice at this or something. Anyway, I'm just super proud of myself for sticking to it and actually jogging the whole 3 miles. Initially I had planned on jogging 3.8, but since I didn't run the actual course I had mapped out and instead improvised, it only worked out to about 3 miles. I guess that's okay.. considering during a good chunk of my run yesterday I kept battling with my head telling me to just slack off and walk... but this other voice inside said to keep going, which I did.. and finished the run (w/out walking). Anyway, we'll see how my Tuesday runs turn out to be as the soccer season progresses. I've made a decision that I will take Laura to every Tuesday practice and during those practice days I will run to kill the 80 minute practice time. Good luck to me, I guess. :)

Alright, so yesterday was day 2 of 30 for the 30 Day Shred. I did plan on doing the workout, but after my run, I decided that I was going to give it a rest. You see, Mark and I did that race on Sunday... and we both woke up Monday super sore! I was sore all day Monday but since I wanted to checkout the DVD, I did the workout instead anyway... instead of giving my body a break. Well, after the Monday workout, I woke up yesterday still sore... and after my run yesterday, it was just like... ahhh! Let's just take a break. Anyway, I'm much better today, so no excuses on not doing the workout tonight. I really want to do well, so I'm hoping I stick with it. I did pretty decent yesterday on my eating.. although, kind of bad in the fact that I didn't really eat a whole lot. Hopefully today won't be too bad, whether it's low or high. :)

So, here's what I've eaten/plan to eat for today:

BREAKFAST:
- dinner leftovers: chicken w/ tomatoes, onion, etc + rice (300 cal)

AM SNACK:
- medium banana (105 cal)

LUNCH:
- Eating Right chicken w/ plum sauce + rice & veggies (310 cal)

PM SNACK:
- large banana (125 cal)

DINNER:
- chicken stir-fry w/ bell peppers +rice (400 cal)
- cup fat-free milk (90 cal)
- 2 ice cream cones (450 cal)

TOTAL CALORIES: 1685

Planned workout: 30 Day Shred DVD, level 1 :) -- i didnt do it. bad me, i know.

No comments:

goals

  • Cardio (running, elliptical or rowing machine), at least 3x a week
  • Eat more healthy (plan more meals)
  • Complete one full round of P90X :)
  • Get down to 95lbs? okay, 100lbs first then!
  • Runners' legs (still striving for 'em sexy calves/legs!)
  • Flat tummy (still working on it)
  • Run my first half marathon??!! -- nike women's marathon (oct 2010)
  • Run/complete SF marathon's progressive marathon/5K in july (i can't do the half or full marathon, my leg's still not 100%)
  • Run nike+ humanrace10k 8.31.08



  • race results

    07/26/09: 3.1 miles -- SFM 5k 29:21 :)
    11/23/08: 4 miles -- great highway 37:48 :)
    11/16/08: 3.1 miles -- polo fields 5k 29:35 :)
    09/21/08: 4.5 miles -- lake merced race 46:56 :)
    09/14/08: 4 miles -- stern grove 4mile 43:20

    08/31/08: 6.2 miles -- nike+ 10k race! 67:38 :)
    08/10/08: 3.1 miles -- my first 5k! 33:20 :)

    BEST MILE:
    7:30 (03/08/10 -- street)
    7:58 (11/20/09 -- 1 mi race)
    8:37 (11/16/08 -- race)
    8:50 (10/5/08 -- track)