current motivational quote

"Yesterday you said tomorrow." —Nike

Friday, October 24, 2008

working out again...

So I did the third workout (Level 3) from 30 Day Shred. Previously, I've done Level 1 and 2... so today I decided I would try Level 3. Anyway, I don't think it was too bad. I like to think my fitness level is pretty good, so I can keep up with all three levels really. I can say, however, that the DVD is sure challenging... even if you feel like you're super fit. It's intense and will keep you moving the whole time. Overall, I really like the idea that I can do a full body workout with warm ups and cool down in under 30 minutes. Plus the fact that it's a circuit kind of thing so it keeps everything not so boring and different. Again, like always, we'll see how everything turns out in the next few weeks or so. I'm really hoping I do good. So far, so good.

I started this on Tuesday, Oct. 21. Skipped Wednesday's and Thursday's workouts because I was so sore from Tuesday's. Plus on Wednesday, I ran 3.1 miles... so I figured it was okay if I didn't do it. Anyway, I have a 3+ miles run scheduled for today. I figure since I'm going to pick Laura up from soccer practice, I might as well get there early so I can go for a run. Give me 45 minutes or something, give or take 5 minutes. I'm sure I can put in at least 3 miles... if not more. I know almost every time I run it feels pretty icky the first mile in... but I also know once I pass that hump I can run on and on.. until who knows when. Again, let's hope I do good when I go out in a bit. :)

Oh, I know I've stopped jotting down what I eat... just cuz I've gotten too lazy at it. But what I have started doing is what Mark does. He writes down every calorie he eats. So instead of writing the actual food, etc.. he just jots down how many calories, etc. It's really helped him take off that 25 lbs sympathy weight he put on when I was pregnant. I know he was at like 203, now he's down to 177-180 lbs. Pretty good, I say. Anyway, so yes, I'm doing what he's down... writing down my calories for each day. So far today, I've only consumed 640 calories. Still have dinner to go... so hopefully all is well. My EOD calorie goal is 1,200 to 1,300 a day (for now anyway). I weight has been stuck at 102-103 for the past few weeks (weighed myself this morning... the meter reads in between 102-103), it's okay... but just kind of annoying. I have yet to hit that 100 or go down to double digits, so let's hope a few minor changes will help.

Alright, enough said. More later. :)

No comments:

goals

  • Cardio (running, elliptical or rowing machine), at least 3x a week
  • Eat more healthy (plan more meals)
  • Complete one full round of P90X :)
  • Get down to 95lbs? okay, 100lbs first then!
  • Runners' legs (still striving for 'em sexy calves/legs!)
  • Flat tummy (still working on it)
  • Run my first half marathon??!! -- nike women's marathon (oct 2010)
  • Run/complete SF marathon's progressive marathon/5K in july (i can't do the half or full marathon, my leg's still not 100%)
  • Run nike+ humanrace10k 8.31.08



  • race results

    07/26/09: 3.1 miles -- SFM 5k 29:21 :)
    11/23/08: 4 miles -- great highway 37:48 :)
    11/16/08: 3.1 miles -- polo fields 5k 29:35 :)
    09/21/08: 4.5 miles -- lake merced race 46:56 :)
    09/14/08: 4 miles -- stern grove 4mile 43:20

    08/31/08: 6.2 miles -- nike+ 10k race! 67:38 :)
    08/10/08: 3.1 miles -- my first 5k! 33:20 :)

    BEST MILE:
    7:30 (03/08/10 -- street)
    7:58 (11/20/09 -- 1 mi race)
    8:37 (11/16/08 -- race)
    8:50 (10/5/08 -- track)