current motivational quote

"Yesterday you said tomorrow." —Nike

Thursday, October 2, 2008

i did horrible yesterday! boo me! =/

Okay, so I've been itching to bake for days... and last night I finally did! I made some brownies (Duncan Hines, unfortunately... was too lazy to make it from scratch) and a totally from scratch homemade blackberry pie. Both were delicious! Of course, Mark's such a tough critic, he's hard to please. First sight of the baked brownies, he automatically went and said, "they're not the kind i like"... like WTH? He haven't even tried it yet! Anyway, he's just hard to please. Oh... I even came out and confessed that I read the ingredients on the box wrong and instead of 1/4 cup water, I put in 1/2 cup water. So when I had to add in the oil, instead of 1/2 cup, I did 1/4 cup. Hahaha.. I guess it turned out okay, I just had to bake it a little longer than the time it said to bake it for. So yes, instead of 38-42 minutes or something, I baked it for close to 50 minutes. Not bad... the overall result was super yummy. Mark eventually admit the brownies wasn't bad so. Plus, I even added some semi-sweet and milk chocolate chips in the brownies to please him cuz that's how he likes his brownies, w/ a bit of chocolatey chips. :P Anyway, icky thing is, it's a bunch of calories for a tiny piece. Of course, I didn't check to see how many servings there were, so I divided the pan into 12 pieces. Turns out one of the 12 pieces would cost you 300 calories. So instead of having people eat 300 calories at a time, I went ahead and divided those 12 pieces in half... so everyone can have 150 calories worth of brownies at a time. :)

Lalalalala... yeah, the homemade blackberry pie was a success. I was cheap on my butter so instead of a yummy buttery crust, I used safflower oil instead. I measured all my ingredients perfectly and the dough came out fine! I swear, this must be the first time I didn't messed up on my dough with this recipe. All and all, everything was great. Only minor icky thing was that I didn't have enough berries (not really) for my 10-in pie pan. Had to use a 10-in pie pan cuz the 9-in pan was being used to hold some cantaloupe. Oh, forgot to take some pictures of my baked goods, oh well. :P

Alright, so yes, I had like almost 2000 calories yesterday. Terrible, I know. I weighed myself this morning to check my weight and I'm pretty sure for tomorrow's weigh in I'm going to be at 103. Hopefully just 103 and not more. We'll see. I didn't work out last night either. I know, bad me. Well, hopefully I'll do something today... kind of need to, you know?

Okay, here's what I've eaten/plan to eat for today:

BREAKFAST:
- dinner leftover: chicken w/ rice (300 cal)
- bits of homemade banana pancake (50 cal)

AM SNACK:
- banana (105 cal)

LUNCH:
- Eating Right chicken w/ peanut sauce (280 cal)

PM SNACK:
- string cheese (80 cal)
- 1/2 piece of brownie (75 cal)

DINNER:
- tilapia fish w/ steamed veggies & rice (400 cal)
- homemade creamy fudge (200 cal)

TOTAL CALORIES: 1490

No comments:

goals

  • Cardio (running, elliptical or rowing machine), at least 3x a week
  • Eat more healthy (plan more meals)
  • Complete one full round of P90X :)
  • Get down to 95lbs? okay, 100lbs first then!
  • Runners' legs (still striving for 'em sexy calves/legs!)
  • Flat tummy (still working on it)
  • Run my first half marathon??!! -- nike women's marathon (oct 2010)
  • Run/complete SF marathon's progressive marathon/5K in july (i can't do the half or full marathon, my leg's still not 100%)
  • Run nike+ humanrace10k 8.31.08



  • race results

    07/26/09: 3.1 miles -- SFM 5k 29:21 :)
    11/23/08: 4 miles -- great highway 37:48 :)
    11/16/08: 3.1 miles -- polo fields 5k 29:35 :)
    09/21/08: 4.5 miles -- lake merced race 46:56 :)
    09/14/08: 4 miles -- stern grove 4mile 43:20

    08/31/08: 6.2 miles -- nike+ 10k race! 67:38 :)
    08/10/08: 3.1 miles -- my first 5k! 33:20 :)

    BEST MILE:
    7:30 (03/08/10 -- street)
    7:58 (11/20/09 -- 1 mi race)
    8:37 (11/16/08 -- race)
    8:50 (10/5/08 -- track)