current motivational quote

"Yesterday you said tomorrow." —Nike

Friday, October 3, 2008

im baking some more goodies tonight!

So I'm having a baby shower for my sister Yia tomorrow afternoon. Yes, Christopher and I are going to make the trip up to Chico tomorrow morning sans Mark (he'll come later tomorrow night on the Amtrak starlight train). Anyway, for the baby shower, I've decided that I'm going to make some baked goodies. I'm not sure if the girls will be bringing any food or not.. but whatever it is, I'm assuming since I'm the one hosting it, I will be pretty much in charge of all the foods. On the sweets menu will be some homemade cupcakes (decided i'm just gonna do them from the box, not from scratch... chocolate & lemon favor)... but with homemade frosting (vanilla & cream cheese buttercream) that I made up last night (to help speed things up tonight and save time), some brownies (from the box as well, i know.. bad me), some jam thumbprint cookies, sugar cookies w/ icing, and some chocolate chip cookies (all the cookies, made from scratch.. of course!). So yes, that's what's going on the sweets menu.

Now, for real food... I'm thinking if I really have some extra time tonight I might make some of my fave BBQ chicken wings, some tea sandwiches, deviled eggs and buy some of those yummy Hillshire Farms mini sausages. Anyway, we'll see about this menu. Tough thing is transporting all of this goodies... I don't know, we'll find out, I guess. :)

So yes, there you have it.. I have a busy night ahead of myself tonight! And on top of that, I still need to go shop for all the baby gifts. Ahhh.. crazy me waiting until the last minute huh?

Anyway, I weighed myself this morning. As I mentioned yesterday, I'm probably 103 or 102.5.. it was in between the 2 and 3 so I couldn't really tell. I don't have a digital scale at the moment so I'm just guestimating. Oh well.. that's okay. Hey, I don't think I've really gained or lost any weigh, so it's okay for now. Thing is, I just need to make sure I firm up. Oh, btw, Mark and I are going for our run today... we're doing the Golden Gate Park route again. Hopefully it'll be okay, I don't expect to beat my time from last Sunday. It doesn't really matter, I'm not that concern about my time this time... I just want to make sure I have a good quality run where I feel like I'm not burnt out. :)

Okay, here's what I've eaten/plan to eat for today:

BREAKFAST:
- leftovers: rotissere chicken w/ rice (300 cal)

AM SNACK:
- banana (115 cal)

LUNCH:
- Eating Right shrimp linguine w/ lemon garlic sauce (320 cal)
- french fries (400 cal)
- bread (100 cal)

PM SNACK:
- string cheese (80 cal)

DINNER:
- TBD (400 cal)

EVENING SNACK:
- baked goodies.. all that testing! (500 cal)

TOTAL CALORIES: 2215

No comments:

goals

  • Cardio (running, elliptical or rowing machine), at least 3x a week
  • Eat more healthy (plan more meals)
  • Complete one full round of P90X :)
  • Get down to 95lbs? okay, 100lbs first then!
  • Runners' legs (still striving for 'em sexy calves/legs!)
  • Flat tummy (still working on it)
  • Run my first half marathon??!! -- nike women's marathon (oct 2010)
  • Run/complete SF marathon's progressive marathon/5K in july (i can't do the half or full marathon, my leg's still not 100%)
  • Run nike+ humanrace10k 8.31.08



  • race results

    07/26/09: 3.1 miles -- SFM 5k 29:21 :)
    11/23/08: 4 miles -- great highway 37:48 :)
    11/16/08: 3.1 miles -- polo fields 5k 29:35 :)
    09/21/08: 4.5 miles -- lake merced race 46:56 :)
    09/14/08: 4 miles -- stern grove 4mile 43:20

    08/31/08: 6.2 miles -- nike+ 10k race! 67:38 :)
    08/10/08: 3.1 miles -- my first 5k! 33:20 :)

    BEST MILE:
    7:30 (03/08/10 -- street)
    7:58 (11/20/09 -- 1 mi race)
    8:37 (11/16/08 -- race)
    8:50 (10/5/08 -- track)