current motivational quote

"Yesterday you said tomorrow." —Nike

Monday, November 17, 2008

yesterday's race

Mark and I finally ran another race! Yesterday was the DSE Polo Fields 5K Race. We've never ran this race or course before.. except for about 1/3 of the course (which is between mile 1-2, the opposite direction). Our route is a bit tougher than theirs I think because you have a slight incline the first 1/4 and also towards the finish versus theirs, having the incline only between mile 1-2 and mostly downhill or flat, all the way to the finish line. Anyway, I'd like to say because of the easier route, my 5K time was fantastic! I think I clocked in at 29:35.. under 30mins like I had hoped I would do. But I also think it wasn't just because of the route, but that I've totally improved on my timing lately. Last week I ran Lake Merced twice, the first in 47:08 and the second in 45:29. That's the same route, on two different days, with two different times... so I say I did pretty good. Oh, also, I clocked in my best mile to date from the race. That was unbelievable! I was just super suprised when I checked my Nike+ thing to see how my pace at the 1-mile marker was and it told me I was doing a 8-something minute pace, ran 1.02 miles for 8-something minutes! I checked at the end of the race and it said I ran that first mile in 8:37! That's definitely a new personal record. :) Of course I doubt this will happen again anytime soon just because I hate going at a faster pace than my overall pace... but we'll see. Let's hope I improve and do better on my timing. In the meantime, I have to really train myself mentally to run longer (time and distance-wise)... if I ever want to finish a half-marathon/full marathon one of these days. :)

For now, I just need to keep running and of course, get geared up for another race this weekend, the DSE Great Highway 4-Mile Run. I hope I do well. It'll be mostly flat, I think, so yes... hopefully okay?! =/ We'll see, I guess. Anyway, I'm just super excited for it! Ahhh! :)

Alright, now onto the whole weight-loss thing. I don't think I'm doing too well. I bought a new digital scale, a much better one I think from Macy's and returned the WW scale I had previously purchased from BBB. This morning I checked my weight and I read 103.8lbs. Of course, I have definitely put on some weight... because a few days before it was reading 102lbs. Anyway, today will be the start of keeping track of my weight on this new scale. Let's hope I improve on my eating habits and do good. I know I did terrible this weekend w/ Priscilla's 16th bday BBQ and eating out last night w/ Mark at the Olive Garden. :P

Okay, more later.

No comments:

goals

  • Cardio (running, elliptical or rowing machine), at least 3x a week
  • Eat more healthy (plan more meals)
  • Complete one full round of P90X :)
  • Get down to 95lbs? okay, 100lbs first then!
  • Runners' legs (still striving for 'em sexy calves/legs!)
  • Flat tummy (still working on it)
  • Run my first half marathon??!! -- nike women's marathon (oct 2010)
  • Run/complete SF marathon's progressive marathon/5K in july (i can't do the half or full marathon, my leg's still not 100%)
  • Run nike+ humanrace10k 8.31.08



  • race results

    07/26/09: 3.1 miles -- SFM 5k 29:21 :)
    11/23/08: 4 miles -- great highway 37:48 :)
    11/16/08: 3.1 miles -- polo fields 5k 29:35 :)
    09/21/08: 4.5 miles -- lake merced race 46:56 :)
    09/14/08: 4 miles -- stern grove 4mile 43:20

    08/31/08: 6.2 miles -- nike+ 10k race! 67:38 :)
    08/10/08: 3.1 miles -- my first 5k! 33:20 :)

    BEST MILE:
    7:30 (03/08/10 -- street)
    7:58 (11/20/09 -- 1 mi race)
    8:37 (11/16/08 -- race)
    8:50 (10/5/08 -- track)