current motivational quote

"Yesterday you said tomorrow." —Nike

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

a mini history... and blog purpose :)

Here's the deal. It's been years since I last ran. Back in the day I used to do cross country - in high school (well, not full blown, but I did do it!). I like running. It gives and makes me feel a sense of accomplishment after a run, each run, every time. Anyway, since then... time passed, life went on. Graduated from college, got married and had a baby. Now the thing is, my baby's turning 1 this October 2008. I still have some extra pounds that I really want to lose (6 of those are baby weight). I'm really hoping that getting back to running will help me shed some of the pounds or at least get me back on track to my pre-baby figure. I totally need to work on my tummy as well. Of course, it's not quite the same.. so duh! Anyway... let's hope all goes well and I do good. I really want this.

Oh... here's one goal. To be able to run the San Francisco half-marathon next August 2009. I really want to do this. :) Btw, I should be getting my iPod nano and Nike+ iPod running kit in the mail tomorrow. So excited! Hopefully that will give me an extra motivation to go out and run!

So, here's the deal or total purpose of this blog:

1. to help motivate me to get back into running again
2. lose some weigh, currently i'm at 109lbs (goal weight: 95lbs ideally, but 95-100 would be fine)
3. eat healthier, more fruits & vegetables... less processed foods
4. tone-up, do some strength training/pilates... try yoga?!
5. really pay attention to myself and my body
6. eat/live as healthy and best as i can without any crazy diets, gadgets, etc. (doing it the good old-fashion way... calorie counting & exercise!)

Alright, let's hope all goes well. I cannot wait to see where I will be one year later. I guess we'll find out. :)

------------

THE BASICS:

who: mzrichee
height: fourfeetnine&ahalf
weight: onehundred&nine
why blog: online journal of my running/jogging logs, eating habits, etc
for what: get back into shape, be/eat healthy, run a half-marathon and hopefully a marathon someday

Ok, I guess that's it for now. :)

No comments:

goals

  • Cardio (running, elliptical or rowing machine), at least 3x a week
  • Eat more healthy (plan more meals)
  • Complete one full round of P90X :)
  • Get down to 95lbs? okay, 100lbs first then!
  • Runners' legs (still striving for 'em sexy calves/legs!)
  • Flat tummy (still working on it)
  • Run my first half marathon??!! -- nike women's marathon (oct 2010)
  • Run/complete SF marathon's progressive marathon/5K in july (i can't do the half or full marathon, my leg's still not 100%)
  • Run nike+ humanrace10k 8.31.08



  • race results

    07/26/09: 3.1 miles -- SFM 5k 29:21 :)
    11/23/08: 4 miles -- great highway 37:48 :)
    11/16/08: 3.1 miles -- polo fields 5k 29:35 :)
    09/21/08: 4.5 miles -- lake merced race 46:56 :)
    09/14/08: 4 miles -- stern grove 4mile 43:20

    08/31/08: 6.2 miles -- nike+ 10k race! 67:38 :)
    08/10/08: 3.1 miles -- my first 5k! 33:20 :)

    BEST MILE:
    7:30 (03/08/10 -- street)
    7:58 (11/20/09 -- 1 mi race)
    8:37 (11/16/08 -- race)
    8:50 (10/5/08 -- track)