current motivational quote

"Yesterday you said tomorrow." —Nike

Sunday, January 18, 2009

tomorrow's weigh-in day... yikes!

Alright, I have to say straight up that I haven't been so good all week this past week. We'll see how that gets reflected tomorrow when I do my weigh-in. Hopefully it won't be too bad! Now I have to say, I did keep up with my running, running 3 times this past week like I have in previous weeks. The distance is pretty normal, your usual 3-4 miles, etc.

Anyway, tomorrow's Mark's birthday so we're all going out to breakfast. That should be good. Of course I already know I'm going to be bad at breakfast, feasting on 'em yummy pancakes, sausages, bacons, eggs, and you guessed it, hash browns! Seriously, I love American breakfast, especially when it comes from IHOP or Denny's. Dunno why, but just do. Now, if you ask me if I eat that kind of breakfast food at home I would say very rarely. It's just funny that I love diner breakfasts, etc... but when it comes to good ol' home cooking, especially with American breakfast meals (at home), it's awful. I rarely eat a normal breakfast... you know, whether it's eggs & bacons, sausages, pancakes, waffles, good ol' cereal, oatmeal, toast, etc., etc., you get what I'm trying to say here. Yes, I don't like breakfast food. I hate traveling and stopping at McD's during breakfast hours cuz they only serve breakfast food. I used to have to kind of starved myself cuz I couldn't eat/don't want to eat them anyway, breakfast food. It could just be that coming from an Asian background, especially my culture, we eat the same meal 3 times a day. I feel like it just feels me up more. I always tell my in-laws I could have my dinner for breakfast, or breakfast for dinner.. or lunch or whichever. It could be the same exact meal, twice or three times and I'll still be perfectly content with that! Now, if you ask me to eat cereal three times a day or something like that, no way! Let alone eggs & bacons, or toast or pancakes, etc... Lalalalala... I know I'm going on and on about this now. So enough of that.

So yes, tomorrow's breakfast at IHOP, for Mark's birthday. It should be great! I'm really looking forward to it. Now after that, for a late afternoon lunch/maybe early dinner (depends), I'm making my delicious baked garlic bbq chicken wings w/ sticky rice (maybe on the rice?!). Mark requested them, so I guess I will make it. They are absolutely delicious.. I'll see if I can take some pictures and post them up. What else? I don't know... maybe if the wings aren't enough, we'll have something else, and oh yes, of course, his favorite, good old-fashioned English style beer-battered homemade fish 'n chips... follow by a scrumptious birthday cake. That should be good enough. I know we're not totally celebrating his birthday tomorrow like we'd like to just cuz the girls won't be able to make it (more celebration to come later in the week when they're here)... but I just know it'll still be great!

Alright, enough said. I'm done. Oh yes, btw, ran two days in a row... taking a break tomorrow. Will probably run again on Tuesday or Wednesday. Dunno yet... still have two more run days to go this week. Should be fun. :)

No comments:

goals

  • Cardio (running, elliptical or rowing machine), at least 3x a week
  • Eat more healthy (plan more meals)
  • Complete one full round of P90X :)
  • Get down to 95lbs? okay, 100lbs first then!
  • Runners' legs (still striving for 'em sexy calves/legs!)
  • Flat tummy (still working on it)
  • Run my first half marathon??!! -- nike women's marathon (oct 2010)
  • Run/complete SF marathon's progressive marathon/5K in july (i can't do the half or full marathon, my leg's still not 100%)
  • Run nike+ humanrace10k 8.31.08



  • race results

    07/26/09: 3.1 miles -- SFM 5k 29:21 :)
    11/23/08: 4 miles -- great highway 37:48 :)
    11/16/08: 3.1 miles -- polo fields 5k 29:35 :)
    09/21/08: 4.5 miles -- lake merced race 46:56 :)
    09/14/08: 4 miles -- stern grove 4mile 43:20

    08/31/08: 6.2 miles -- nike+ 10k race! 67:38 :)
    08/10/08: 3.1 miles -- my first 5k! 33:20 :)

    BEST MILE:
    7:30 (03/08/10 -- street)
    7:58 (11/20/09 -- 1 mi race)
    8:37 (11/16/08 -- race)
    8:50 (10/5/08 -- track)