current motivational quote

"Yesterday you said tomorrow." —Nike

Monday, December 8, 2008

running really makes a body feels GOOD!

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I absolutely love running now. Of course, it's still hard to get up, get out and run (every now & then).... but the after-feeling feels wonderful that you just have to... just do it!

Well, I've been running (on/off) for about four months now... let's just say since late July after my 24th birthday. I've already noticed that I'm getting curves in my legs that I've never really seen or noticed before. They're not just any kind of curves, they're cool-looking muscle curves like... "OMG, my legs are fit!" kind of thing. Pretty neat, I say. And also, my abs are flattening themselves without me even having to do a single sit-up. But of course, I really need to get those strength training workouts in. It's a must-do on my list. Just have to do it!

Anyway, I'm still working on those runners' legs.. and 'em sexy calves. I know it'll take even more hard work and consistency, but I'll get there one of these days. And if I don't ever, just because of crazy genetics, that's okay too... as long as I know I can sustain a decent pace running and feel okay afterwards. :)

Alright, what else? Oh, we got our Christmas tree this weekend. It's all decorated and there's even presents under the tree now! Thing is, Christopher's getting into everything! So we really have to tell him no... I mean, he's still just a baby.. okay, more like a toddler, but he doesn't totally understand everything. Anyway, I'm just super excited for Christmas. Christopher's going to have a blast opening up his presents come Christmas morning. I really have a feeling he'll enjoy the wrapping papers more than the gifts. LOL, actually, we'll find out. :) Ahhh, the holidays, it's wonderful! Absolutely love Christmas, can't wait! :)

Btw, I weighed myself this morning and the digital scale reads 101 lbs! Now, I also weighed myself on Mom's (the old one Mark and I were using months before), and it reads somewhere in between 99-100 lbs. Not bad.

Okay, more later.

No comments:

goals

  • Cardio (running, elliptical or rowing machine), at least 3x a week
  • Eat more healthy (plan more meals)
  • Complete one full round of P90X :)
  • Get down to 95lbs? okay, 100lbs first then!
  • Runners' legs (still striving for 'em sexy calves/legs!)
  • Flat tummy (still working on it)
  • Run my first half marathon??!! -- nike women's marathon (oct 2010)
  • Run/complete SF marathon's progressive marathon/5K in july (i can't do the half or full marathon, my leg's still not 100%)
  • Run nike+ humanrace10k 8.31.08



  • race results

    07/26/09: 3.1 miles -- SFM 5k 29:21 :)
    11/23/08: 4 miles -- great highway 37:48 :)
    11/16/08: 3.1 miles -- polo fields 5k 29:35 :)
    09/21/08: 4.5 miles -- lake merced race 46:56 :)
    09/14/08: 4 miles -- stern grove 4mile 43:20

    08/31/08: 6.2 miles -- nike+ 10k race! 67:38 :)
    08/10/08: 3.1 miles -- my first 5k! 33:20 :)

    BEST MILE:
    7:30 (03/08/10 -- street)
    7:58 (11/20/09 -- 1 mi race)
    8:37 (11/16/08 -- race)
    8:50 (10/5/08 -- track)