current motivational quote

"Yesterday you said tomorrow." —Nike

Saturday, December 27, 2008

Christmas came and went....

...and it was FABULOUS! I had a lot of fun this Christmas despite a little drama here or there. Mark and I did really great with our shopping, getting it done early and just pretty much trying to relax during that last week. Anyway, we all went ice skating last Saturday and had a lot of fun... totally puts you in the Christmas mood/spirit. OMG, it sure was cold though! No snow, but COLD!

mark & laura ice skating at union square
mark & laura ice skating @ union square :)

me ice skating at union square
me (on the right, that is) ice skating @ union square :)

my bike
yes, my cruiser bike i got for christmas :)

So I guess I had been a good girl this year cuz Santa (aka Mark =P) got me some pretty neat stuff. And for my big gift I got an Electra 3-speed beach cruiser bike. I'm really going to put that to use. Of course it'll be a bit tough riding in the crazy San Francisco/Daly City streets... but I say it should be fine. Whenever I come upon hills that are too steep, I'll just have to walk it or something. Well, we're going biking today... so that should be fun.. I'm excited. Anyway, we'll see about navigating through or around those hills... so yes, stay tune. :)

Oh, another gift I'm super excited about is my tennis racket. Mark took me out to play tennis Christmas day... it was fun! I didn't even realize I was decent at tennis. I told Mark I was terrible at it.. and he just kind of wanted me to try it anyway. Well, I told him the last time I remembered playing tennis was like 9 years ago... and I was suck at it! This time around, I think I did pretty good. Mark and I were able to rally a several times, and even played a mini game. Of course I never won any game, but I did managed to get a few points. Other than that... I sucked, but hey... that just mean I have room for lots of improvements! :) So yes, I think we've got next year figured out. More running, biking, tennis and of course, hiking! We really need to get back into hiking. Oh yes, as a "i should totally make this my new year's resolution" kind of thing, I really need to learn how to swim. So if I could somehow get to that and really make an effort to find a pool, and have someone teach me how to swim, I think we'll be set. I would absolutely love to complete a triathlon one of these days. I really want to do it. I'd like to think that if I can somehow swim/stay afloat, I can totally try distance swimming. We'll see.

Okay, that's enough. More in the new year.. maybe. :)

No comments:

goals

  • Cardio (running, elliptical or rowing machine), at least 3x a week
  • Eat more healthy (plan more meals)
  • Complete one full round of P90X :)
  • Get down to 95lbs? okay, 100lbs first then!
  • Runners' legs (still striving for 'em sexy calves/legs!)
  • Flat tummy (still working on it)
  • Run my first half marathon??!! -- nike women's marathon (oct 2010)
  • Run/complete SF marathon's progressive marathon/5K in july (i can't do the half or full marathon, my leg's still not 100%)
  • Run nike+ humanrace10k 8.31.08



  • race results

    07/26/09: 3.1 miles -- SFM 5k 29:21 :)
    11/23/08: 4 miles -- great highway 37:48 :)
    11/16/08: 3.1 miles -- polo fields 5k 29:35 :)
    09/21/08: 4.5 miles -- lake merced race 46:56 :)
    09/14/08: 4 miles -- stern grove 4mile 43:20

    08/31/08: 6.2 miles -- nike+ 10k race! 67:38 :)
    08/10/08: 3.1 miles -- my first 5k! 33:20 :)

    BEST MILE:
    7:30 (03/08/10 -- street)
    7:58 (11/20/09 -- 1 mi race)
    8:37 (11/16/08 -- race)
    8:50 (10/5/08 -- track)