current motivational quote

"Yesterday you said tomorrow." —Nike

Sunday, December 28, 2008

i need a rest day...

Oh man, my body needs a break, badly. Today's run of Lake Merced was tough. I felt like my body was super heavy throughout the entire race. I just wonder if it was from the constant physical activities I've done over these past few days, plus all the unhealthy crazy holiday foods I've been eating. Anyway, it was tough, but Mark and I made it. Our time wasn't too bad... did it under 42 minutes, so that was good. Of course we thought we were on pace to do it under 41 minutes, but somehow there just wasn't enough steam at the end to get it in. Well, we still did great though. Seriously, during the entire run I felt like giving up, but I somehow I keep telling myself I couldn't let Mark down. I couldn't just stop or slow way down and tell him to just go ahead without me... he wouldn't let me do that, I just know it. I mean, because he knows I can do it and I'm just being lazy. Of course if I really couldn't do it physically he would understand and it'll be fine. But of course, I know I'm just being lazy if I slow down... cuz I so know I can do it.

Lalalalala... anyway, on Friday we ran a new course. It was down Hillside, passed Serramonte to Lawndale and back. Boy, that was tough. I mean, it seemed like it took forever to get to Lawndale... but somehow we made it and turned around. The second half is always so nice and goes by way quicker.

Yesterday's physical activity was something new. We went for a bike ride.. me, on my new bike of course! About 90 minutes worth of cycling... not bad. Of course it wasn't super hardcore or anything like that, but there were some hills in it... so that was a bit tough. Now, today... after tonight's run... I just feel a bit warn out. Today is a total rest day, for sure. :)

Oh... 2009 new year's resolution coming soon.... that's it for now.. more later. :)

No comments:

goals

  • Cardio (running, elliptical or rowing machine), at least 3x a week
  • Eat more healthy (plan more meals)
  • Complete one full round of P90X :)
  • Get down to 95lbs? okay, 100lbs first then!
  • Runners' legs (still striving for 'em sexy calves/legs!)
  • Flat tummy (still working on it)
  • Run my first half marathon??!! -- nike women's marathon (oct 2010)
  • Run/complete SF marathon's progressive marathon/5K in july (i can't do the half or full marathon, my leg's still not 100%)
  • Run nike+ humanrace10k 8.31.08



  • race results

    07/26/09: 3.1 miles -- SFM 5k 29:21 :)
    11/23/08: 4 miles -- great highway 37:48 :)
    11/16/08: 3.1 miles -- polo fields 5k 29:35 :)
    09/21/08: 4.5 miles -- lake merced race 46:56 :)
    09/14/08: 4 miles -- stern grove 4mile 43:20

    08/31/08: 6.2 miles -- nike+ 10k race! 67:38 :)
    08/10/08: 3.1 miles -- my first 5k! 33:20 :)

    BEST MILE:
    7:30 (03/08/10 -- street)
    7:58 (11/20/09 -- 1 mi race)
    8:37 (11/16/08 -- race)
    8:50 (10/5/08 -- track)