current motivational quote

"Yesterday you said tomorrow." —Nike

Monday, January 5, 2009

my own personal 4-week challenge

Yes, so it's the new year. Like everyone else vowing to lose weight, look better, etc etc, I've decided to give myself a four-week challenge. I really do hope I can stick with it... as that's always my problem. Everything's fine the first week or so... then of course comes week 2 or 3 and I get side track or distracted w/ other stuff. We'll see how this goes. :)

For now, here are my starting measurements:

weight: 101.4lbs
bust: 30"
abs: 26.5"
belly: 32"
below waist: 30.75"
hips: 33.5"
L thigh: 20.5"
R thigh: 20.25"
L calf: 13"
R calf: 12.75"
L arm: 9.75"
R arm: 9.8"
neck: 11.25"

I'm not super sure how accurately my arm measurements are... just cuz I did them myself and was having difficulties trying to get the tape measure to be in the correct place, read the measurements, etc... so... but I do hope that the measurement on it either improves or if it doesn't... that when I do look at myself in the mirror and even at my arms in person, it'll look good... I mean, notice a difference, somewhat. :)

Okay, so yes, today was the first day of this thing.. I did count my calories.. but of course, I'm already doing bad. I feel like I'm not quite 100% invested in this just yet.. especially when it comes to the eating part. It's so cold here, that I baked some cookies to keep the house warm. Madeleine cookies, that is. I asked for a Madeleine cookie pan this past Christmas and got it. I figured I attempt to bake some cookies. Of course the first batch was awful (just cuz it was too brown on the shelled side).. but the rest of the other batches turned out great. I think you just have to bake them for 8-10 minutes at 350 degrees instead of 375 and you'll be just fine. For my last few batches I did them at 8 minutes at 350 and it turned out great. Bad thing about it all was, I "had to" test them to make sure they were all cooked through. That of course, led me to eating about six cookies. Oh well. Anyway, I'm running tonight w/ Mark so hopefully that will kind of make up for the six cookies. What a waste of calories huh? Each cookie had about 105 calories in it... oh well. Oh, for the recipe, you can go here.

madeleine cookies

madeleine cookies

Lalalalalalala... just an update, I don't think I'm doing the KP Half-Marathon come Feb. 1st. I haven't really trained for it. And right now the thought of running more than 6 miles isn't so appealing to me, let alone more than 5 miles. I know I still have until Friday or something to sign up for the race, but I really don't know. For me to really do that, I would have to attempt to run 13.1 miles sometime this week (raw) and do it under 3 hours to even register. Well, there's a backup.. and that's the 5K. I'll probably just do that... we'll see. The KP HM is a huge event, so it should be fun. We'll see.

Alright, more later. :)

2 comments:

cara said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog and for the encouragement. The comments I've been getting from you guys lately has really helped me get back on track.

I wondering, though, you said you're starting a 6-week challenge to lose weight and look better... Forgive me for being so blunt, but you're 101.4 pounds! I can't imagine you'd need to lose any more weight.

Your profile sounds so similar to mine. I'm a graphic designer (trapped in a production job) and I want to be a baker so bad. I will start taking classes soon to be come a pastry chef. I say "soon" but that could really happen anywhere between now and the next 5 years. But it's a major life goal of mine. I absolutely LOVE baking. I can usually resist taste testing, too, unless it's something real special. But I've downed 6 cookies (like you) without even blinking an eye all for the sake of tasting the goods. :) Fun stuff!

--cara said...

not sure why my old photo appeared on my last comment. Ugh! That was 85 pounds ago. Hopefully this comment will link to my new photo and blog.

goals

  • Cardio (running, elliptical or rowing machine), at least 3x a week
  • Eat more healthy (plan more meals)
  • Complete one full round of P90X :)
  • Get down to 95lbs? okay, 100lbs first then!
  • Runners' legs (still striving for 'em sexy calves/legs!)
  • Flat tummy (still working on it)
  • Run my first half marathon??!! -- nike women's marathon (oct 2010)
  • Run/complete SF marathon's progressive marathon/5K in july (i can't do the half or full marathon, my leg's still not 100%)
  • Run nike+ humanrace10k 8.31.08



  • race results

    07/26/09: 3.1 miles -- SFM 5k 29:21 :)
    11/23/08: 4 miles -- great highway 37:48 :)
    11/16/08: 3.1 miles -- polo fields 5k 29:35 :)
    09/21/08: 4.5 miles -- lake merced race 46:56 :)
    09/14/08: 4 miles -- stern grove 4mile 43:20

    08/31/08: 6.2 miles -- nike+ 10k race! 67:38 :)
    08/10/08: 3.1 miles -- my first 5k! 33:20 :)

    BEST MILE:
    7:30 (03/08/10 -- street)
    7:58 (11/20/09 -- 1 mi race)
    8:37 (11/16/08 -- race)
    8:50 (10/5/08 -- track)