current motivational quote

"Yesterday you said tomorrow." —Nike

Monday, September 22, 2008

30 day shred, weekend race, weigh-in, etc

So I got the DVD in the mail this weekend for Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred. I'm super excited for it. I'm going to start it today when I get home from work. I previewed it this weekend and it doesn't seem so bad. It's got 3 levels, easy, intermediate and advance or whatever... and only 20 minutes each. So 3 minutes of strength, 2 minutes of cardio and 1 minute of abs. That's not bad. So it's like a circuit training kind of thing. I just hope I'll stick to it. I mean, it says 30 days right...? So I guess stick to it for 30 days, a MUST do and see if I can do it? Who knows.

Anyway, yesterday was the Lake Merced Half Marathon/4.5-mile Run. Mark and I did the 4.5-mile run. OMG... I'm still feeling a bit out of it for some reason. The run was a bit tougher than before. I guess it could be that I haven't really been keeping up with my runs. Lately, I haven't really been running apart from just racing. Since the Nike+ race, I haven't really ran (practice)... and raced twice since then. I don't know... I think I did okay though. I definitely improved on my time, from the previous time I ran the lake. Mark's time was waaaaay good, assuming it's the correct time. We're waiting to see the official results to make sure. But if he's correct, then wow! He said he ran the lake in 33 minutes. Compared that time to the last time he ran/walk it (cuz that was all he could do then), it's just astonishing! 33 minutes?!!! Wow! His previous time on this course was 47:10. So if you think about it, that's 14 minutes he cut there! That's like a 7:20 mile pace or something. Anyway, we'll see what the official results say. Interesting to see though. :) I'm just super proud of him... I mean, he said he's not even a runner.. and to do this good? Plus, just compare this run to the first couple that he did... it's just amazing!!

Btw, I weighed myself this weekend cuz I missed the weigh-in on Friday. I'm still the same... at 103lbs. So haven't really gained or loss any. I know I haven't really been keeping up with my food journal.. so yeah, not so great. But let's hope w/ this whole 30-day shred thing, I'll try to keep up with it. We'll see. :)

Alright, here's what I ate/plan to eat for the day:

BREAKFAST:
- leftover dinner, spaghetti w/ ground turkey pasta sauce (350 cal)

AM SNACK:
- Special K's breakfast bar (90 cal)

LUNCH:
- Pazzo side salad w/ balsamic dressing + 1 piece of bread (250 cal)

PM SNACK:
- medium banana (120 cal)
- 6-7 peanut M&M's (75 cal)

DINNER:
- chicken stir-fry w/ tomatoes, onions, lemongrass, ginger + 1/2 cup white rice (350 cal)
- cup 1% milk (130 cal)

- rotisserie chicken breast w/ yorkshire pudding, a couple steak fries, steamed green beans and 1/2 cup rice (450 cal)

TOTAL CALORIES: 1215

No comments:

goals

  • Cardio (running, elliptical or rowing machine), at least 3x a week
  • Eat more healthy (plan more meals)
  • Complete one full round of P90X :)
  • Get down to 95lbs? okay, 100lbs first then!
  • Runners' legs (still striving for 'em sexy calves/legs!)
  • Flat tummy (still working on it)
  • Run my first half marathon??!! -- nike women's marathon (oct 2010)
  • Run/complete SF marathon's progressive marathon/5K in july (i can't do the half or full marathon, my leg's still not 100%)
  • Run nike+ humanrace10k 8.31.08



  • race results

    07/26/09: 3.1 miles -- SFM 5k 29:21 :)
    11/23/08: 4 miles -- great highway 37:48 :)
    11/16/08: 3.1 miles -- polo fields 5k 29:35 :)
    09/21/08: 4.5 miles -- lake merced race 46:56 :)
    09/14/08: 4 miles -- stern grove 4mile 43:20

    08/31/08: 6.2 miles -- nike+ 10k race! 67:38 :)
    08/10/08: 3.1 miles -- my first 5k! 33:20 :)

    BEST MILE:
    7:30 (03/08/10 -- street)
    7:58 (11/20/09 -- 1 mi race)
    8:37 (11/16/08 -- race)
    8:50 (10/5/08 -- track)