current motivational quote

"Yesterday you said tomorrow." —Nike

Thursday, August 7, 2008

still going at it... day 4

Alright, today's Thursday. That means the DSE runners' club hold their usual summer running series at Lake Merced tonight. I've heard about it on active.com, but have never attended one. I think I'm going to go tonight and run that 4.5 miles. I really just want to try it and see how I do. The DSE club is also the one that's holding the 5k/10k event this weekend. I'm pretty sure I'm going to run in this weekend's race.

Anyway, we'll see how today goes... I really hope I do go out and run that 4.5 miles tonight w/ the other runners who's participating in the running series. I guess we'll see.

So, I think I did pretty decent yesterday. I went out last night and ran (or I guess you can say "jogged") 2 miles. Lately I've been trying to get my time/pace lower. Before the last two runs, my pace was at 12 minutes and something. Now, it's down to like 11 minutes and something seconds, which isn't so bad... it's kind of like a whole minute faster. Anyway, my goal is to run at an 11 minute pace (at least!) for the Nike+ Human Race at the end of the month.

Oh, speaking of the Nike+ race, I just found out that neither Mark or I will not be down in LA in time to pick up our runners' packets. I feel so silly!! Our flight doesn't arrive until after midnight Saturday night and according to the Nike+ website, we have to pick up our packets days before the event. They will absolutely not have packet pick ups the day of the event. Ahhhhhh! Now, I have to try to see if Lindsay or anyone in LA can pick up our packets for us. It sucks, cuz I hardly know anyone! There's Lindsay... and then there's KB's bf... and that's it! If those two can't do it... I guess I'll have to change my flight and leave SF way before Mark on that Saturday to get down there in time to pick up our packets before they closes. Well, stay tune for this story I guess.

Alright, here's what I've eaten/plan to eat for today:

BREAKFAST:
- 2 homemade blueberry pancakes, made w/ 1/3 cup fat-free milk & 1/4 cup blueberries (200 cal)

AM SNACK:
- 8 oz fat-free milk (90 cal)
- 1 small banana (95 cal)

LUNCH:
- Lean Cuisine Shrimp Stir-Fry (230 cal)
- water

PM SNACK:
- 1 fuji apple (55 cal) -- OMG... was it just me or was it the fruit?! it made me super sleepy!

DINNER:
- 1 small slice of homemade pizza w/ cheese, tomatoes, r&g peppers, turkey bacon & sauce (200 cal)

- 1 small (2 oz) chicken drumstick w/ skin (150 cal)
- 1 cup baby romaine w/ cherry tomatoes, cucumber + 2 tsp italian dressing (50 cal)

EVENING SNACK:
- 8 oz fat-free milk (90 cal)
- 4 small homemade cookies (160 cal) -- couldn't help it but try my new shortbread cookies... they were delicious!

TOTAL CALORIES: 1320

Intended workout: 4.5 mile run @ Lake Merced w/ DSE Running Club (let's hope I can complete this within an hour?!! ahhh!)

We'll see... stay tune! :)

---------------------

UPDATE:

1. Eat between 1,100 to 1,250 calories per day -- NO! (1,320 calories... that's okay, i ran 4.5 miles!)
2. Walk/run 10,000 total steps per day -- YES! (19,418 steps)
3. Run at least 10-15 miles a week -- TBD (9.55 miles so far)
4. Drink 2 glasses of milk per day -- YES! :)
5. Eat at least 2 servings of fruit per day -- YES! :)
6. Eat at least 2 servings of veggies per day -- YES! :)
7. Two stretch/pilates sessions a week -- YES! (done)
8. Two strength training sessions a week -- TBD (still 1-1/2 to go)
9. Two abs sessions a week -- TBD (one session so far)

Okay, I know Iwent over my calories for today, but that's okay. I figure I ran 4.5 miles. Oh boy was it far.. or the farthest distance I've ever tackle nonstop (w/out walking, anyway). Well, I baked some delicious shortbread cookies last night. They were sooooooooooo good! Some lime meltaways, cranberry & poppyseed shortbreads... mmm, mmm, yummy! :)

Alright, more tomorrow. Tomorrow's weigh-in day... I won't I do good. :)

No comments:

goals

  • Cardio (running, elliptical or rowing machine), at least 3x a week
  • Eat more healthy (plan more meals)
  • Complete one full round of P90X :)
  • Get down to 95lbs? okay, 100lbs first then!
  • Runners' legs (still striving for 'em sexy calves/legs!)
  • Flat tummy (still working on it)
  • Run my first half marathon??!! -- nike women's marathon (oct 2010)
  • Run/complete SF marathon's progressive marathon/5K in july (i can't do the half or full marathon, my leg's still not 100%)
  • Run nike+ humanrace10k 8.31.08



  • race results

    07/26/09: 3.1 miles -- SFM 5k 29:21 :)
    11/23/08: 4 miles -- great highway 37:48 :)
    11/16/08: 3.1 miles -- polo fields 5k 29:35 :)
    09/21/08: 4.5 miles -- lake merced race 46:56 :)
    09/14/08: 4 miles -- stern grove 4mile 43:20

    08/31/08: 6.2 miles -- nike+ 10k race! 67:38 :)
    08/10/08: 3.1 miles -- my first 5k! 33:20 :)

    BEST MILE:
    7:30 (03/08/10 -- street)
    7:58 (11/20/09 -- 1 mi race)
    8:37 (11/16/08 -- race)
    8:50 (10/5/08 -- track)